SALUS Global Knowledge Exchange (SALUS) aims to put the experience, values and professional needs of its users and members first when it is making important decisions about the services it provides. Every day, SALUS users are participating in professional conversations, sharing and exchanging their research, ideas, insights, projects and other business and professional data for the benefit of the community and our shared mission to improve human and planetary health.
To ensure these discussions and valuable knowledge and information remain true to the values of the SALUS community, we have created a Code of Conduct to provide guidance on the types of discussions, content and behaviours that are acceptable on SALUS, and also what may be deemed inappropriate and thereby moderated or prevented by SALUS on behalf of the community. This Code of Conduct is intended to provide our users and members with guidance to complement the list of Do’s and Don’ts found in the User Agreement governing your use of, and participation in, SALUS Global Knowledge Exchange’s online services.
- Be Genuine. All user and member profiles should be representative of ‘real’ people, who provide their real names and accurate information about themselves. It is not okay to provide misleading information about yourself, your qualifications, your work experience, affiliations, achievements or projects on SALUS’s service.
- Be Professional. We ask our users and members to behave professionally by not being dishonest or inappropriate. We promote the value and importance of vibrant and lively discussions around professional activities, but we do not want you to use SALUS to insult, shock, intimidate or misrepresent other community members. It is not okay to share graphic images to shock others, and it is not okay to share obscene images or pornography on SALUS's service.
- Be Nice and be Fair. From time to time, discussions may get heated. At all times, be reasonable, fair appropriate. SALUS shouldn't be used to harm others. Terrorists and those who engage in violent crimes are not welcome on SALUS. It is not okay to use SALUS's services to harass, abuse, or send other unwelcomed communications to people (e.g., junk mail, spam, chain letters, phishing schemes). Do not use SALUS's services to promote or threaten violence or property damage, or for hate speech acts, such as attacking people because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, political or religious affiliations, or medical or physical condition. Also, don't use SALUS's services to intentionally infect others with viruses, worms, or other software that can destroy or interrupt their data or computer devices. It is not okay to interfere or disrupt SALUS's service.
- Respect Others' Rights and Follow the Law. SALUS should not be used for illegal activities or to violate the rights of others. Don't use SALUS's services to commit fraud. Before sharing or using someone else's copyrighted works, trademarks, private information, or trade secrets, please make sure you have the legal right to do so.
- Respect SALUS Global Knowledge Exchange's Rights. Please don't violate the rights of SALUS Global Knowledge Exchange. You can find more information about what this means in our User Agreement, but as a simple guide, please ensure you do not use SALUS's services to wrongfully take data or information. It is not okay to suggest that you are affiliated with or endorsed by SALUS Global Knowledge Exchange when you are not, and it is not okay to violate SALUS Global Knowledge Exchange's intellectual property rights.